If you love the green curry paste recipe I’ve previously shared, you must not miss the next recipe I’m going to share with you – Thai Green Curry Chicken recipe! Although it is not the authentic recipe from Thailand, I can guarantee you the taste and smell from my recipe works exactly the same as the authentic one.
WHAT ARE THE VEGETABLE OPTIONS
There are no strict rules for choosing the vegetables to cook with green curry chicken. As long as it won’t affect the taste after adding it, it is fine. Seasonal vegetables are the best option to choose since it is much cheaper during that particular season. For me, I prefer to use eggplant and carrot as I think both vegetables work great no matter in yellow curry or green curry.
If you are vegetarian/vegan, there are many vegetables you can put into the green curry, for example, bamboo shoots, green peas, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, carrot, baby corn, bell pepper, zucchini and many more.
HOW TO MAKE THAI GREEN CURRY PASTE
If you are too busy to create fresh green curry paste, you can always get the instant green curry paste from the nearest convenience store. In Malaysia, it is sold at RM5.90 (est. USD$1.41) per pack. Each pack has 50 grams which is enough for creating 4 servings.
But if you prefer healthier and fresher green curry paste, you can refer to my previous recipe – How to create homemade green curry paste. Guarantee no MSG, no preservatives, no artificial colors, and no artificial flavors.
Thai Green Curry ChickenCourse: DinnerCuisine: ThaiDifficulty: Easy
Easy & delicious Thai green curry chicken recipe, serve with aromatic Jasmine rice.
120g coconut milk
4 Tbsp green curry paste
1/2 chicken stock cube
2 Tbsp palm sugar, finely chopped
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1-inch slices
4 kaffir lime leaves, roughly torn
1 eggplant, cut into 2 inches
1 carrot, cut diagonally
1 cup Thai basil leaves
1 spur chili, julienned
1 cup plain water
Sea salt to taste
Jasmine rice for serving
- Add 60g coconut milk into a wok over medium heat and reduce it until it is thick and bubbling.
- Add green curry paste and sauté over medium heat for about 2 minutes until aromatic.
- Add chicken breast and stir to mix with the paste for about 30 seconds.
- Add plain water, chicken stock cube, kaffir lime leaves, remaining 60g coconut milk, palm sugar, fish sauce, and carrot.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes over medium low flame.
- Add eggplant, and simmer for another 5 – 10 minutes or until eggplant is cooked.
- Season the curry with a pinch of salt. Extra fish sauce and/or sugar can be added when needed.
- Remove from heat then stir in Thai basil and spur chillies.
- Serve with Jasmine rice.
- There is a variety of vegetables you can choose to add into the green curry, for example: bamboo shoots, broccoli, long bean and etc.